Eco-innovation Cumbria is a 4-year programme to help SMEs just like yours to improve efficiency, grow capacity and develop new solutions for industry.
Eco-innovation Cumbria will help SMEs to:
- Identify and create opportunities to supply into the low carbon market
- Develop a multi-sector network across Cumbria
- Increase innovation in low carbon technologies
- Access academic expertise and specialist resource
- Develop products or processes which reduce greenhouse gases
- Increase engagement in Research and Development
- Provide exchange of knowledge to encourage companies to develop new products and services
If you are an SME based in Cumbria and think this is of interest, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01228 888740 or contact Glyn Griffiths directly at email@example.com or call 07779 132185.
Eco-Innovation Cumbria MSc Research Projects
The Eco-Innovation Cumbria project is supporting the following new MSc research projects in collaboration with South Cumbria Rivers Trust, the Friends of the Lake District and Portable Ecosystems Ltd.
To find out more, and to apply follow the links below (pdf documents):
MSc Research Project for South Cumbria Rivers Trust
MSc Research Project for Friends of the Lake District
MSc Research Project for Portable Ecosystems Ltd
Student internships – application form for students
Paid opportunities are advertised on the University of Cumbria Jobshop
Search using keyword ‘Cumbria’.
Please use this application form and follow the instructions to apply for any of the advertised internships with local businesses.
Want to know more?
How does the programme work in practice?
Eco-Innovation Cumbria will support SMEs in developing their eco-innovation projects, involving either:
- In-depth and intensive one to three year assistance, provided collaboratively by experienced academics, graduate and PhD students
- 20 day research projects provided by undergraduate students, supported by academic supervisors
Which sectors are best suited to the programme?
The project will target sectors that contribute to Environmental Sustainability, which could include, but is not limited to:
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficiency
- Water management
- Waste management
- Visitor economy
- Natural resources
If you have queries about whether your organisation is eligible, please feel free to get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01228 888740.
What else does Eco-innovation Cumbria involve?
Eco-innovation Cumbria will provide a variety of free workshops and events around Cumbria to explore innovation challenges across multiple sectors, including:
- Key note lectures to expand knowledge and stimulate divergent thinking in an informal setting
- One day thematic workshops to explore a range of real and theoretical challenges around innovation
- Open innovation forums enabling inter-company cooperation around Research & Development, sharing knowledge and experience for mutual benefit
- Annual overnight residential events to provide an environment in which to share solutions and enable effective problem solving
Grow your idea
If you are interested in finding out more, get in touch today to discuss the eligibility of your business with one of our team.
Call us on 01228 888740 or contact Glyn directly on 07779 132185
The programme is led by the University of Cumbria, partnering with Lancaster University and the University of Central Lancashire, and funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)