PGCE Student Finance Banner Image

PGCE Student Finance

PGCE Fees & Funding


If you already have a degree and wish to become a teacher, a PGCE is the right path for you. At the University of Cumbria, we offer a range of avenues into teaching, including PGCE courses that focus on Primary or Secondary education, part-time and online courses, and special needs training. Tuition fees vary depending on which course you enrol on and whether your placement is salaried or unsalaried. Find out more below.

Please note: For the 2021/22 academic year, Student Finance England has changed the criteria for EU students look to secure home fee support. You can find the full details in a Government Statement. Exemptions apply to those who have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, as well as Irish nationals, who may still be eligible for the UK tuition fee rate and associated financial support. Irish nationals should apply to Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI).

For EU students, we are offering an automatic fee reduction scholarship for 2021/22 entry if you do not meet the new criteria. 

Tuition Fees for Home Students


School Direct (non-salaried)

School Direct (salaried)

PGCE (non-QTS)

Student Finance

Student Loans

Additional Financial Support

Scholarships and Bursaries

Additional Grants

Student Financial Regulations

The Student Financial Regulations describe your contractual obligations to the university regarding finance. It includes our policies about:

Tuition fees and payments

Cancellations, withdrawal from programmes, and interruption of studies

Debt management procedures

Other fees, fines, and charges

Bursaries and scholarships

Please download and read the regulations before starting your course.

Download Now

Contact Us

We're here to help. If you have any concerns about student finance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

For queries about student finance and the payment of fees, please contact our Accounts Receivable team at

For queries about student loans, scholarships, bursaries or support funds, please contact our Money Advice team throught the Student Enquiry Point.