Masterclass UCAS points reduction is subject to the following terms and conditions. These conditions are subject to periodic change, for the most up to date terms and conditions please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
From the week commencing 8th June 2020, we will be delivering a small selection of our Masterclasses online. The platform being used is Clickmeeting. More information about this platform can be found at www.clickmeeting.com. Full attendance and participation in these masterclasses will still result in a reduced offer being made on future applications to related courses for eligible participants (please see the table below for clarity on which courses are eligible and details about the points reduction). The Terms and Conditions outlined below are still applicable to all sessions delivered in this manner.
Terms and conditions
- Due to limitations with online delivery, for Virtual Masterclasses attended in the 2019/0 academic year the reduction in points will only be applicable to applications made for related courses for September 2021 starts. Any attendees who make an application for subsequent years will not receive the reduced offer for related courses. Any application for September 2020 start cannot be retrospectively amended.
- The reduced UCAS points offer can only be applied to University of Cumbria courses linked to the masterclass attended. Please see the table below for clarification.
- The UCAS points reduction will only be applied if the masterclass is attended prior to submitting an application for the degree programme through UCAS. Points cannot be redeemed retrospectively if you have already applied for one of the eligible courses at the University.
- UCAS points will automatically be deducted from the top of the range upon application.
For example: University of Cumbria entry requirements for BSc Hons Applied Psychology are 104-120 UCAS points. The standard offer would be at the top of the range, 120 UCAS points. Following attendance at a relevant masterclass, an applicant would be made a reduced conditional offer of 104 UCAS points.
- The standard reduction is 16 UCAS points. A specified number of masterclasses (shown in the table below) are eligible for an optional 24 UCAS point deduction. To receive the additional points, the applicant must complete a reflective piece equivalent to approximately 1000 words after the masterclass and submit it to an academic for marking. Further details of this will be provided at the masterclass.
- To receive the reduction in points, it is imperative that the applicant completes all personal details requested at the end of the masterclass. If incorrect details are provided, the University of Cumbria will not make efforts to contact the attendee for corrected data, and the applicant may be ineligible to receive the reduced offer.
- The UCAS points reduction cannot be redeemed at a different institution or against courses that are not listed in the terms and conditions.
- Only one UCAS points deduction offer can be redeemed per course upon application - attending multiple masterclasses for the same degree programme will not result in the accumulation of points. If multiple events are attended the University will deduct the relevant points from any relevant course applied for. This UCAS points reduction cannot be applied in conjunction with the Summer University offer for the same degree programme. If an applicant attends the Y12/13 Summer University in addition to a masterclass, the applicant would receive an offer based on the greatest reduction in points for the applicant.