UoC TeamTen – come and join us!
TeamTen is a grassroots initiative inspired by staff and students, coming together to train and participate in sporting events as a team.
As a way of celebrating the university’s 10-year anniversary we are going to target key events throughout the year – a mixture of fun runs, competitive running events, walking, biking and swimming challenges – and we are looking for support. You can participate in as many or as few of the events you like, or sign up to come along for moral support and cheer the team home.
You don’t need to be a runner, cyclist or open water swimmer already – this group is about getting together and seeing what we can achieve as a team. It’s not about being the fastest or the fittest – everyone is welcome. We are aiming to have training groups at each campus, so register your interest and join in!
These are the key events – how many do you fancy doing?
- Cumbrian Run (October 2017)
- Cross Border 10K (January 2018)
- Chill Swim (February 2018)
- UoC Lake District 3 Peaks Challenge (March 2018)
- Lancaster 3 Bridges 10K (April 2018)
- Born Survivor (May 2018)
- Manchester Half Marathon (May 2018)
- Cross Bay Walk (May 2018)
- UoC Coast to Coast Cycle (June 2018)
- Manchester Colour Run (July 2018)
- Total Warrior (August 2018)
The university sports centre is providing support to enable TeamTen to flourish across all of our campuses, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in getting involved. We will sign you up to receive notifications of training sessions and group activities, and arrange for you to receive your official TeamTen running vest or t-shirt!